DWP Telephone Number

The Department for Work & Pensions is one of the most critical government departments in the UK due to its role in managing the areas of pensions, welfare and policy in regard to child maintenance. The Department for Work & Pensions also holds the distinction of being the largest department in the UK in the areas of public services. Some of the more specific areas that the Department for Work & Pensions works in are benefits for those with disabilities and those who are suffering from poor health. There are currently some twenty million individuals in the UK that are claimants to the Department for Work & Pensions in this regard. Within the department are fifteen different public bodies and agencies that compose the overall makeup of this important ministerial entity.

The Department for Works & Pensions is headed up by the office of the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions. This position is occupied by The Rt. Honourable Amber Rudd. Within this role, she is responsible for the management of the department as well as the department’s expenditures. Amber Rudd’s appointment to this position occurred on the 16th of November during 2018. She is assisted by a ministerial panel that includes Minister of State for Employment Alok Sharma, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Pensions and Financial Inclusion Guy Opperman, Minister of State for Disabled People, Health and Work Justin Tomlinson, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Family Support Housing and Child Maintenance Will Quince and Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Work and Pensions Baroness Buscombe. The departments home on the world wide web is located at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions. Those individuals needing to reach the department can utilize the DWP contact number. The Department for Work & Pension’s management team includes Peter Schofield, Nick Joicey, Emma Haddad, Jonathan Mills, Simon McKinnon, John Paul Marks, Neil Couling and Debbie Alder.

Those who have taken issue with services received from the Department for Work & Pensions can contact the specific office within the department that they have been dealing with. This can be done by way of phone, in writing or in person. Those who want to lodge a complaint issue with the department should have information such as their National Insurance Number, address and a contact number available and be prepared to explain what happened as well as the effect that it has had. The department has a policy of working to correct any mistakes as soon as is possible. It is also policy to issue an apology for any points of inconvenience. Cases that are deemed to have been a situation of unfair treatment that caused financial difficulty can be put under consideration for a special payment.

Comments are closed.