Child Tax Credit Telephone Number

With Child Tax Credit being replaced by Universal Credit for the majority of people, making a new claim is possible only by getting the severe disability premium, or if eligibility received from it still plays a role. Individuals who are unable to make a new claim for the Child Tax Credit might be able to apply either for a pension credit or for a universal credit.

The amount one would get from a Child Tax Credit depends on the number of children that the individuals are responsible for, and whether a new claim is being made or they are already claiming Child Tax Credit. It’s important to note that this will not affect the Child Benefit. As with any pension, allowances, and benefits, the money will go into an account, with the person responsible for the child (or children) getting paid either every week or every 4 weeks, from the time the claim was made up until the 5th of April – which represents the end of the tax year.

The date of birth also plays a role in the amount of money one could get by making a claim for Child Tax Credit. If the child was born before April 6th, 2017, the carer will get the ‘child element’ (up to £2,780). In addition, the carer will also get the ‘family element’ (which is up to £545). Alternatively, if the child was born after April 6th, 2017 (or on that date), the carer could be given the ‘child element’ for up to 2 children (however, exceptions apply in case there are more children). The ‘family element’ will also be awarded if one of the children was born before April 6th, 2017.

Another aspect worth noting when it comes to making a new claim is that it could take as much as 5 weeks for the claim to be processed. New claims can be made by calling the Child Tax Credit helpline (with the Child Tax Credit phone number being 0345 300 3900).

Being responsible for a child implies that either the child lives with the parent/guardian all the time, they keep their clothes and toys at the parent/guardian’s home, or they are financially dependent on the main carer. If the responsibility for a child is being shared and there is no agreement between who should make the claim for Child Tax Credit, both guardians can apply for it – with the final decision coming from HMRC.

In case the guardian has adopted or fostered a child, a claim can be made if they are not receiving money from their local council. In case they receive money from their local council, the first step to take is to call HMRC in order to find out whether or not they are eligible to make a claim. In addition, extra Child Tax Credits can be given in case the child gets Armed Forces Independent Payment, Personal Independence Payment, or if they get a Disability Living Allowance.

Comments are closed.